Oral Abstract Presenter Guidelines
BEFORE THE CONGRESS
In order to ensure an optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation should be prepared in Microsoft PowerPoint. As a general rule, it is better to use PPTX format (compatible PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013/2016).
- Your presentation will be display in landscape orientation, 16/9 ratio.
- You are welcome to use a slide template provided for download here.
- Use high-contrast lettering and readable fonts (minimum font size of 24).
- Use standard Windows fonts only.
- Use high-contrast colours (light text on dark background or vice versa).
- A maximum of 7 lines per slide and 5 words per line will improve the communication value of your slide.
- Save your presentation on a USB memory stick (and as a backup, a 2nd USB memory Stick or a Laptop) and bring these with you to Lisbon.
Pictures and video
Save the picture you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set compression/quality to medium or high. (Avoid saving your pictures as TIF files, especially MAC presentations).
- AVI, WMV, MPG or MOV are the only acceptable video formats.
- Save the pictures/videos used in your presentation separately on the USB memory stick – size limit of 1 GO is preferred. In case of problems we can re-insert the original items.
- As general rule be careful to respect author’s rights and persons’ anonymity.
Please save your presentation as “.PPTX” (PowerPoint 2011/2016), it will guarantee a better compatibility with the system.
When drafting your PowerPoint version MAC we kindly ask you to respect the following conditions:
- Pictures should be in jpeg, png and not tif or pict.
- Do not copy and paste images from other applications directly into your slides, but use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG).
- Used fonts should not be specific to MAC OSX. Please use Windows fonts (Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, Symbol…).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer before bringing it to the congress.
All PowerPoint presentations must be uploaded prior to the session, as it is not possible to run PowerPoint presentations directly from a laptop in the session rooms. The online presentation management system for the EAACI Congress 2019 will be available approximately one week before the Congress. All presenters will receive an Email with a direct link.
This platform will make it quick and easy for presenters to submit their PowerPoint presentations prior to the Congress. All presenters are strongly recommended to take advantage of this option. Please be aware that you will be able to modify your presentation until 2 hours before the start of your session.
In order to test your presentation before your session, we strongly encourage you to come and check your presentation at the Speaker Service Centre located at the FIL main entrance, in the Registration Area.
Disclosure of conflict of interest
A disclosure of conflict of interest* slide must be included in your PowerPoint presentation. The disclosure slide should be displayed and read to the audience at the beginning of your lecture.
The disclosure slide templates can be downloaded here.
* A conflict of interest is any situation in which a speaker or immediate family members have interests, which may cause a conflict with the current presentation. Conflicts of interest do not preclude the delivery of the talk, however they should be explicitly declared. These may include financial interests (e.g. owning stocks of a related company, having received honoraria, consultancy fees), research interests (research support by grants or otherwise), organisational interests and gifts.
THE DAY OF YOUR PRESENTATION
At the Speaker Service Centre
All oral abstract presenters giving a presentation are requested to validate their presentation in the Speaker Service Centre (SSC) minimum 2 hours before the start of their session and the day before in case of early morning sessions. The Speakers Service Centre is located at the FIL main entrance, in the Registration Area.
Please note that presentations received after this deadline cannot be guaranteed optimal audiovisual support.
The opening hours are:
Saturday, 1 June 8:00 – 19:00
Sunday, 2 June 07:00 – 19:00
Monday, 3 June 06:30 – 19:00
Tuesday, 4 June 07:00 – 19:00
Wednesday, 5 June 08:00 – 12:00
You will be welcomed by hostesses to be registered at the SSC, at this time you will need to confirm if you give the rights to EAACI to record your talk (as a webcast), which will be further use in the EAACI Media Library and Virtual Congress Hubs.
You will be able to upload your presentation on one of the many dedicated computers. A technical and professional team will be on site to assist you for any questions or needs you may have.
- Personal Laptop Computers cannot be connected to the projectors in Lecture Rooms.
- A presentation cannot be loaded directly on the computer in the lecture room.
- Learning Lounges are an exception, as neither presentations nor audio-visual equipment are planned in this type of session. However, a flipchart will be available in the room and the setup will be casual to support the interactive aspect of Learning Lounges.
In the session room
For your presentation, a computer at the lectern will be ready to use:
- You just need to click on your name to launch your presentation before starting to talk.
- Adjust the microphones if needed, but please do not touch it during your presentation.
New this year: The eLECTERN! If you want more information about the eLectern, please have a look at the video here.