All abstracts will be listed in the EAACI app as of Saturday, 1 June 2019. Presented abstract texts will be published on the EAACI Media Library and in the official EAACI Journal Allergy (http://www.eaaci.org/resources/journals/allergy.html) after the congress.
The EAACI smartphone app enables you to explore EAACI Congress 2019 programme and exhibition at your fingertips. It is supported by Novartis, as Founder Sponsor.
The app allows you to:
- browse, search and personalise the entire event programme
- search, and locate exhibitors in the Exhibition Hall
- access useful information about the Congress
- access Congress abstracts (available from 1 June 2019)
- access E-Posters (available from 1 June 2019)
- provide your feedback by evaluating speakers and sessions
- vote in sessions that have polls
- create and synchronise events with your personal calendar
- chat with colleagues
Click here to download the app!
Each participant receives a name badge upon check-in at the registration desk. This badge should be worn at all times in order to gain access to the session rooms and other events. Please note that access to the congress areas will not be permitted without an official congress badge. If you have lost your badge, a new one can be reprinted (with proof of your original registration) at the Registration Assistance Desk for EUR 60. Your badge will be scanned at the entrance to session rooms for CME accreditation and internal EAACI statistical purposes.
Bank / ATM Machine
ATM Machines are available in both venues.
- FIL – cash machines operated by Santander: in the Grand Hall (ground floor) and at the top of Zone C (ground floor)
- Altice Arena – cash machines operated by Montepio Geral: in the main foyer next to main doors (level 1) and next to Hall 1 (Arena level)
The nearest banks are located around 50 meters from FIL and Altice Arena at Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre.
A business centre is located outside Zone C of FIL:
Wellgood Portugal Lda
Rua do Bojador, Bloco 1, Loja 5
FIL – Parque das Nações
Certificate of Attendance
The Certificate of Attendance can be downloaded after completing the delegates survey, which will be sent via email after the congress.
The Clinical Village has been a huge success for the past years and will be returning by popular demand in Lisbon. The Clinical Village is located on the ground floor of Altice Arena next to Hall 3 and will be open on Saturday, 1 June 2019 from 14:00 – 18:00 and on Sunday, 2 June 2019 from 12:00 – 16:00.
A cloakroom is located next to EAACI Campus. It is free of charge for congress attendees, with the following opening hours:
- Saturday, 1 June 2019, 08:00 – 23:30
- Sunday, 2 June 2019, 07:00 – 19:30
- Monday, 3 June 2019, 06:30 – 19:30
- Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 07:00 – 19:30
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, 08:00 – 14:00
The local currency is Euro (EUR). The closest currency exchange office (Unicâmbio/Western Union) is located at Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre.
The EAACI Congress 2019, Lisbon, Portugal, 01/06/2019-05/06/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 35 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. Click here for more information.
The EAACI Congress 2019 and the Local Organising Committee allocated 100 scholarships to EAACI Junior Members. The application was made in connection with the abstract submission and had to be applied for by the presenting author of an abstract. EAACI Congress Scholarship includes complimentary registration to the congress, as well as shared accommodation in a twin-bedded room (up to four nights) and travel costs refund up to EUR 500.
Delegates can charge their phones and laptops or print personal documents from the internet at the digital corner situated in ZONE C of the FIL. This service is available free of charge.
EAACI will not be held liable for personal injuries or for loss of or damage to property incurred by participants at the EAACI Congress 2019. Participants are encouraged to purchase insurance to cover loss incurred in the event of cancellation, medical expenses, or damage to or loss of personal effects when travelling outside of their own countries. EAACI cannot be held liable for any hindrance or disruption of the EAACI Congress 2019 proceedings arising from natural, political, social or economic events or other unforeseen incidents beyond its control (force majeure). Registration of a participant implies acceptance of this condition. The materials presented at this continuing medical education activity are made available for educational purposes only.
EAACI TV is a moderated, continuous broadcast that is free for everyone to access and catch up with the EAACI Congress at any time during the event. Featuring selected sessions, interviews with key opinion leaders, feedback from speakers after their presentations and comments from congress delegates, EAACI TV provides a snapshot of the largest allergy meeting in Europe.. Take a look at our TV Studio in the Pro & Con Arena or watch EAACI TV via the eaaci.org website or the app.
EAACI TV is supported by Allergopharma and DBV Technologies
EAACI Campus is located within the registration area. All information about EAACI activities such as membership, publications, EAACI Media Library and future events is available under one roof.
Opening hours of the EAACI Campus:
- Saturday, 1 June 2019, 08:30 – 18:30
- Sunday, 2 June 2019, 08:30 – 17:30
- Monday, 3 June 2019, 09:00 – 17:30
- Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 08:30 – 17:30
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, 08:30 – 12:00
Emergencies / First Aid
Dial 112 for emergencies. Please contact the registration desk or any staff member for assistance.
- In Altice Arena the First Aid room is located next to the Clinical Village.
- In FIL the First Aid room is located in the Grand Hall.
EAACI Congress 2019 Exhibition is open on 2-4 June 2019 from 09:00 – 17:30.
Exhibition access restrictions:
- Advertising of medicinal products is governed by the Laws and regulations of both local Portuguese and EU authorities.
- All delegates are permitted to enter the exhibition, however the participants’ profession (MD, non-MD, Allied Health Professional, Scientist, Other) is marked on the badge, so exhibitors can identify if prescription-only medicines (POM) can be advertised to the delegate.
Food and Beverage
Catering services are located in the exhibition and in Altice Arena. Coffee and lunch are not included in the registration fee. Water fountains are available throughout both venues.
EAACI’s General Assembly will take place in Hall 3 from 08:00-09:00 on Monday, 3 June 2019. Access is restricted to EAACI members only. Please note, EAACI membership fees for 2019 must be paid before access to the General Assembly is permitted. EAACI staff will be available in front of Hall 3 should you need to pay your membership fees.
Your membership number is printed on your badge. If you do not have the number on your badge and you are a member of EAACI, please contact the Registration Assistance Desk in the registration area to have a new badge issued.
The official language of EAACI Congress 2019 is English.
The Luso-Brazilian Symposium on Saturday, 1 June 2019 (Hall 5 from 14:00-17:30) will be held in Portuguese – with presentations slides in English.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located at the Registration Assistance counters in the registration area.
Membership Services Desk
Visit the Membership Services Desk, located within the EAACI Campus, to sign up or renew your EAACI membership or simply get more information on its benefits.
Mobile Phone Policy
Please respect the meeting policy and switch your mobile phones to silent in all meeting rooms.
National Society Village
The National Society Village is located in exhibition – Zone C at FIL. It is open on Sunday, 2 June 2019 – Tuesday, 4 June 2019 from 09:00 – 17:30. We encourage you to visit this area to learn more about other allergy, asthma and immunology societies.
A ‘NAS Stamp Run’ activity will take place at the NAS Village. Collect your stamp pamphlet and ask each EAACI NAS for a key scientific highlight from their society in order to get a stamp. Those who complete the full pamphlet have the chance to enter a raffle and win a free registration to EAACI Congress 2020.
- The Opening Ceremony will take place on Saturday, 1 June 2019 from 19:00 – 20:30 in Hall 1 in Altice Arena, followed by the Welcome Reception in the outside FIL Main Entrancefrom 20:30 -23:00.
- The Closing Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, 5 June 2019 from 12:15 – 13:15 in Hall 1, followed by the Closing Reception in the main foyer area of Altice Arena from 13:15-14:15.
Photography, filming and Video Recordings
Taking photographs or making any other form of electronic recording during the sessions in the meeting rooms is strictly forbidden. An official photographer will be present for the entire event. Photos will be available for download on the congress website after the meeting. Please note, by registering to attend the EAACI Congress 2019, you acknowledge and agree that official photographs taken during the congress may be used for future meeting promotional purposes.
The nearest post office is located about 300 meters from FIL and Altice Arena at Lisbon Orient Station, along Avenida D. João II, over Avenida de Berlim and Rua Conselheiro Mariano de Carvalho.
Poster Exhibition Information
- Thematic Posters Sessions (TPS): Abstracts are grouped thematically into blocks of 15-20 posters. As part of the EAACI Goes Green Initiative, these will be in an electronic format at E-Poster stations, which are open to view for a whole day. At lunch time, presenters are available to discuss their work and answer questions from delegates and moderators.
- Poster Discussion Session (PDS): Moderators will lead a discussion of around 15 related electronic posters in the session, asking the audience and the presenters to set the work in context and draw out important themes and conclusions. These sessions will be in an electronic format and will take place in four designated PDS Zones in the Exhibition Hall. Moreover, in each e-Poster area there is a Poster Help Desk.
- Patent Abstract Sessions: Novel innovations in Allergy and Clinical Immunology that are in the process or have been successfully patented are presented in the Patent Abstract Session. These are discussed in the Poster Discussion Session (PDS) format. This scientific session will promote collaborations and potential joint ventures between academia and industry.
There is a Prayer Room located in Auditorium II in FIL Meeting Centre (ground floor).
Registered journalists have access to all scientific sessions. Please contact us to arrange interviews with clinicians and researchers who are presenting their work at EAACI Congress 2019.
EAACI Public Affairs Specialist, Chiara Hartmann
Onsite mobile: +44 7884 652841, Email: email@example.com
- The Press Office is located in FIL Meeting Centre on the ground floor. The opening hours of the Press Office are:
- Sunday, 2 June 2019. 08:30 – 17:30
- Monday, 3 June 2019, 08:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 08:30 – 17:30
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, 08:30 – 12:00
Support the EAACI Goes Green Initiative. Badge recycling boxes will be available in the registration area from Tuesday, 4 June 2019.
Registration is located at the main congress entrance (FIL). The opening hours are:
- Saturday, 1 June 2019, 08:00 – 20:00
- Sunday, 2 June 2019, 07:00 – 18:00
- Monday, 3 June 2019, 06:30 – 18:00
- Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 07:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, 08:00 – 12:00
Self badge print stations are available in the registration area.
Registration fee for delegates includes:
- Admission to the congress and the exhibition
- Pocket Programme
- Opening Ceremony and Welcome Reception (if not opt-out during the registration process)
- Closing Ceremony and Closing Reception
Safety, welfare and behaviour
Lisbon is a generally very safe city. Yet, like most other major cities, there is petty crime. Therefore, please be aware of thieves and pick-pockets at all times. Please pay special attention to your personal belongings, especially when walking in the city centre or using the public transportation system, but also inside the congress venue. Do not wear your badge outside the congress venue, and do not give it to anybody, even if you are leaving the congress. Any security problems or concerns within the congress venues should be reported to a member of EAACI. Security staff will handle any emergency situation and everyone is required to follow instructions announced via the public information system. Emergency exits are marked with green exit signs.
In respect of Portuguese and European laws and regulations, as well as due to current health and safety rules and legislation in effect, registration and/or admittance to the EAACI Congress shall be limited solely to participants who are 18 years of age or older. Registration by anyone who is under 18 is unauthorised and in violation of these terms and conditions and will automatically result in the forfeit of their registration. Identification is to be provided to congress staff upon request. Participants below 18 years of age will not be granted access to any part of the congress at any time. This is also valid for children accompanied by their parents and for any other unregistered person. If access to the congress is needed and no registration is available, the person should contact the registration desk. Badges are required to be worn at all times in the congress venues.
EAACI holds a very firm position against any form of discrimination and aims for a respectful, safe and productive environment for all participants including service providers and others associated with EAACI Congresses and Events. This position applies to all EAACI events and/or events organised in the name of EAACI. EAACI does not tolerate any disruptive behaviour, sexual harassment, bullying, racism, physical or verbal abuse or any other form of unacceptable behaviour by participants and/or staff at our meetings. All delegates and staff shall adhere to dignity and mutual respect. EAACI expects fair and appropriate behaviour at all times.
EAACI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behaviour. EAACI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future EAACI Meetings. For internal purpose, all reports about incidents of unacceptable and/or disruptive behaviour will be referred to as complaints and stored according to GDPR Rules and Regulations.
In case of support please do not hesitate to contact the EAACI Annual Congress Manager by sending an email to: Simone Luescher, or call +41 79 892 88 41.
Sessions may fill up quickly. Please arrive in good time for the start of a session. Due to health and safety regulations, hosts and hostesses are instructed to restrict access once the maximum capacity of the room is reached. Refer to hostesses or Ask me staff for overflow options.
Smoking is prohibited in the congress venues.
Speaker Service Centre
The Speaker Service Centre is located in the registration area. The opening hours are:
- Saturday, 1 June 2019, 08:00 – 19:00
- Sunday, 2 June 2019, 07:00 – 19:00
- Monday, 3 June 2019, 06:30 – 19:00
- Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 07:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, 08:00 – 12:00
The international access code for Portugal is +351.
In case of emergency call 112.
Security/First Aid +351 21 892 1862
Participants are advised to make their own arrangements with respect to entering Lisbon. If you need a letter of invitation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org after your registration fee is settled.
Please apply for a visa within a reasonable time prior to making your bookings.
Free WiFi access is available inside both venues. Choose the “EAACI free internet” network. No password is required.