DEADLINE: MONDAY 15 JANUARY 2024 at 23:59 CET
Instructions to authors
Carefully read the guidelines before submitting your abstract, find the guidelines here.
- Except for E-Poster Display Only, all abstracts must be presented onsite at the Congress during the dedicated session. No digital presentations are foreseen.
- If EAACI does not receive your registration and payment by the given deadline, your abstract will be removed from the programme.
- The presenting author must be registered using the same email address which was indicated during the abstract submission.
- When entering the abstract submission system for the first time, you will be asked to create a MyEAACI account (if you don’t have one already). Through your MyEAACI account you will be able to access your personal page to submit one or several abstracts.
- Upon submission, a confirmation email will be sent to the submitter’s email address. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, please do not submit the abstract again. Instead, please contact the Scientific Secretariat email@example.com for advice.
- Declaration of conflict of interest: EAACI is committed to ensuring the integrity of scientific, educational, and research programmes. Abstract submission requires disclosure of any financial or other interest that might be construed as resulting in an actual, potential, or apparent conflict. The submitter is responsible for obtaining disclosure information from all co-authors, to be entered in the author section of the submission page.
- IMPORTANT! The presenting author must be registered using the same email address which was indicated during the abstract submission.
Abstract format and content:
- Abstracts and presentations must be written in
- The maximum length allowed for an abstract is 2500 characters (approximately 350 words) including blank spaces. The abstract title, the author(s) or names of institutions are not included in the count of 2500 characters.
- Consent for publication of individual patient data: For abstracts with identifiable patient details (e.g. gender, age, illness, location) or images, it is the author’s responsibility to obtain written informed consent for publication of clinical details and/or clinical images from the patient/parent/guardian/relative of the patient. A respective statement needs to be included in the abstract text.
- Unpublished abstracts that have been presented at a different scientific meeting within a 12 months period prior to EAACI Hybrid Congress 2024, provided they contain updated/additional data, can be submitted and will be considered for presentation.
Abstracts submitted for publication or to a scientific meeting, but are pending acceptance, can be submitted without restrictions. However, once the abstract has been accepted by EAACI it is automatically subject to the EAACI embargo policy.
Edit, withdrawal, change of presenter:
- You can edit your abstracts until the submission deadline on Monday 15 January 2024, 23:59 CET.If you need withdraw your abstract, a written statement listing the reasons for this decision must be sent to the EAACI Scientific Secretariat no later than 28 March 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Withdrawals after this date cannot be accepted.
- All presenter changes can only be processed until 18 April 2024 and must be addressed to email@example.com.
Notification of acceptance:
- Notifications of acceptance of the abstracts will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract by mid March 2024.
Registration and publication:
- The presenting author of an abstract must register for the onsite Until 28 March 2024 the presenting author is offered a special extended “early fee”.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the online programme, EAACI website and EAACI content platform during the Congress. Publication of the abstracts as a supplement in the Allergy Journal will be done after the congress. Please note that your abstract will only be published in the Allergy journal if the abstract is accepted, uploaded/presented, and the presenting author is registered using the same email address used for abstract submission. In order to have your abstract published on the website you need to be registered for the congress by 28 March 2024.
- All abstracts selected for E-TPS Display Only will NOT be published on the EAACI content platform nor in the Allergy Journal.