Poster Presenter Guidelines
If you have been invited via email to participate as a Flash Talk or poster presenter in the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022, here are some information to help you prepare your poster.
Please find here general specifications regarding your poster session:
• As a presenter in this EAACI Hybrid Congress, you will be asked to provide a poster of your research prior to the event taking place
Your e-Poster will be placed on the e-Poster section of the digital platform and will be available to the delegates during and after the event (depending on the consent given).
The presenter will be able to answer to questions submitted by the delegates/chairs via the chat tool. In case a new question is submitted, the presenter will receive an email notification.
• You will be contacted with a designated link for upload of your poster by end of May 2022
• The e-Poster authors are kindly asked to submit their e-Posters on the platform, with no exception, by Friday 17June 2022.
Flash Talks Sessions: Flash Talks presenters only have to upload their e-Poster in PDF format (no voice over). Flash Talks will be presented onsite only. You will be able to re-use directly the PDF you uploaded in the session room. However you must come to the Speaker Service Centre before your session to validate (or modify) your presentation(s). Your live Flash Talk presentation will be recorded and placed on the On-Demand Scientific Content section of the digital platform after the session. It will be available to the delegates during and after the event (depending on the consent given).
e-Posters presenters have to upload and record their e-Poster.
After recording your ePoster, you must receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at your earliest convenience: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please use the same email address to register, log-in on our upload platform and other communication with EAACI
How can I prepare my poster?
To ensure an optimal delivery of your e-Poster presentation, please follow these guidelines:
- Your e-Poster should be submitted in one-page PDF and displayed in landscape orientation, 16/9 ratio.
- You can use the provided template to create your content and then export it as a PDF.
On Powerpoint : File> Export
• Pictures and graphics in your Powerpoint:
– Save the picture(s) you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set the compression/quality to medium or high.
– Avoid saving your pictures as TIFF files (especially for MAC).
- Kindly note that company and trade names, trademark and copyright symbols and logos are not allowed in the e-Posters
- Non-proprietary (generic) names of drug, written in lower case, are required the first time a drug is mentioned in the text
- Respect author’s rights and anonymity.
How can I upload and record the voice-over for my poster?
- Once you have prepared your poster, you can log-in on the platform
- On the platform, please submit your one-page PDF file following the on-screen instructions. You can then select interactive zones on your PDF. The viewers will be able to zoom these zones.
- For E-Posters: You can then create your voice-over recording directly on the platform. The voice-over recording should describe the content of your e-Poster
- We recommend for an optimal result:
– To use a headset with a microphone
– To have a good internet connection AND to use the browser Chrome
– To isolate yourself in a quiet room with no background noise
– To prepare your 4 minutes speech in advance
- During the upload phase, there will be a step where you will be able to write a disclosure of conflict of interest*. After you have done your record, a footer will be automatically created with your declaration.
* A conflict of interest is any situation in which a speaker or immediate family members have interests, which may cause a conflict with the current presentation. Conflicts of interest do not preclude the delivery of the talk, but should be explicitly declared. These may include financial interests (e.g. owning stocks of a related company, having received honoraria, consultancy fees), research interests (research support by grants or otherwise), organizational interests and gifts.
Important: Please make sure to upload and record your poster one week before the deadline to ensure we can support you in case you encounter any technical issues. Additionally, our team will check the quality of your poster and sound and contact you in case there is an issue with the upload.
Please find here specifications based on your poster type (please check in your original notification letter your poster type):
- Flash Talks: only PDF e-Poster (no voice over)
Duration: 4 minutes of voice recording
Copyrights and content access
In order to fulfil EAACI’s mission as a platform for scientific communication and education in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, EAACI would like to make available all presenters’ contributions from the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022 on the congress platform for 6 months and on the EAACI content platform for a period of 3 years. Nevertheless, it is the authors prerogative to grant EAACI authorization to use their presentation’s content after the congress. Consent will be asked upon submission to include your video recording (webcast), live streaming of your presentation, or poster presentation.
Technical support will be pleased to help you : email@example.com