If you have been invited via email to participate as a speaker in the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2021, here are some information to help you prepare your presentations.
Please find here general specifications regarding your presentation session:
- As a presenter in this EAACI Hybrid Congress, you will be asked to provide a presentation of your research prior to the event taking place.
All presentations must be prerecorded, even if you are planning to come on-site.
If you plan to be on-site, you will be able to re-use directly the PowerPoint you uploaded during the prerecording phase in the lecture room. However you must come to the Speaker Service Centre before your session to validate (or modify) your presentation(s).
If you plan to attend remotely, your prerecording will be broadcasted, and you will be able to have a live Q&A via a videoconference. More details on how to connect etc. will follow in due course.
- You will be contacted with a designated link for upload of your presentation starting from end of May 2021
- The speakers are kindly asked to submit their presentations on the online uploading platform by Friday, 18 June 2021 at 11:59 am CET.
- After recording your presentation, you must receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at your earliest convenience: email@example.com
- Please use the same email address to register, log-in on our upload platform and other communication with EAACI
How can I prepare my oral presentation?
To ensure an optimal delivery of your presentation:
- Your presentation should be prepared in Microsoft PowerPoint using the template and saved as a PPTX format
- Your presentation will be displayed in landscape orientation 16/9 ratio
- It is your responsibility to ensure and respect the author’s rights and persons’ anonymity.
• Your presentation should have a duration of 8 minutes for Oral Abstract Sessions and will be specified in your notification letter for other session types.
• Use high-contrast lettering and readable fonts (minimum size of 24). Use standard Windows fonts, only fonts (Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, Symbol…).
• Use high-contrast colours (light text on a dark background or vice versa).
• A maximum of 7 lines per slide and five words per line will improve the communication value of your slide.
- Pictures and video:
– Save the picture you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set compression/quality to medium or high (avoid saving your pictures as TIF files, especially MAC presentations).
– AVI, WMV, MPG, MP4 or MOV are the only acceptable video formats.
– Do not copy and paste the images and videos from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint
- Apple/Mac: Please save your presentation as “.PPTX”, it will guarantee a better compatibility with the system.
• Disclosure of conflict of interest slide must be included in the PowerPoint presentation. The disclosure slide should be displayed and read to the audience at the beginning of your lecture.
How can I upload and record my oral presentation?
- Once you have prepared your PowerPoint presentation, you can log-in on the platform
• You will be asked to upload your ppt presentation and then record yourself presenting it. We recommend that you practice your presentation in advance
• During the recording of your presentation, you are able to re-do it and ask for technical support.
• To ensure an optimal video recording, please follow these guidelines:
– Have a good internet connection AND use the browser Chrome
– Use a headset or earphones with a microphone
– Isolate yourself in a quiet room with no background noise
– Seat in a place with a clean background where people can clearly see your face. Place a light with a lampshade in front of you and behind your webcam.
Important: Please make sure to upload and record your presentation one week before the deadline to ensure we can support you in case you encounter any technical issues. Additionally, our team will check the quality of your image and sound and contact you in case there is an issue with the upload.
Copyrights and content access
In order to fulfil EAACI’s mission as a platform for scientific communication and education in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, EAACI would like to make available all presenters’ contributions from the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2021 on the congress platform for 6 months and on the EAACI content platform for a period of 3 years. Nevertheless, it is the authors prerogative to grant EAACI authorization to store their presentation’s content after the congress. Consent will be asked upon submission to include your video recording (webcast), live streaming of your presentation, or poster presentation.
Technical support will be pleased to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org