If you have been invited via email to participate as a speaker in the EAACI Digital Congress 2020, here are some information to help you prepare your presentations.
Please find here general specifications regarding your presentation session:
• As a presenter in this EAACI Digital Congress, you will be asked to provide a presentation of your research prior to the event taking place
• You will be contacted with a designated link for upload of your presentation starting from 5th May 2020
• All presentations should be uploaded on our online platform before 29th May 2020 11:59 CET
• Please use the same email address to register, log-in on our upload platform and other communication with EAACI
How can I prepare my oral presentation?
• You should prepare your presentation using the following PowerPoint template
• Your presentation should have a duration 8 minutes for Oral Abstract Sessions and will be specified in your notification letter for other session types.
• Your presentation should be made in Microsoft PowerPoint. It is better to save it as PPTX (compatible PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013/2016).
• Your presentation should be displayed in 16:9 ratio
• Use high-contrast lettering and readable fonts (minimum size of 24). Use standard Windows fonts, only fonts (Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, Symbol…).
• Use high-contrast colours (light text on a dark background or vice versa).
• A maximum of 7 lines per slide and five words per line will improve the communication value of your slide.
• Inserting pictures – Save the picture you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set compression/quality to medium or high (avoid saving your pictures as TIF files, especially MAC presentations).
• Inserting videos – AVI, WMV, MPG, MP4 or MOV are the only acceptable video formats.
• It is your responsibility to ensure and respect the author’s rights and persons’ anonymity.
• Disclosure of conflict of interest slide must be included in the PowerPoint presentation. The disclosure slide should be displayed and read to the audience at the beginning of your lecture.
How can I upload and record my oral presentation?
• Once you have prepared your PowerPoint presentation, you can log-in on the platform
• You will be asked to upload your ppt presentation and then record yourself presenting it. We recommend that you practice your presentation in advance
• During the recording of your presentation, you are able to re-do it and ask for technical support. The system is easy to use and only has some requirements:
– use a headset with a microphone
– have a good internet connection AND use the browser Chrome*
– isolate yourself in a quiet room with no background noise
– seat in a place with a clean background where people can see your face from your webcam. Place a light with a lampshade in front of you and behind your webcam.
Important: Please make sure to upload and record your presentation one week before the deadline to ensure we can support you in case you encounter any technical issues. Additionally, our team will check the quality of your image and sound and contact you in case there is an issue with the upload.
Copyrights and content access
In order to fulfil EAACI’s mission as a platform for scientific communication and education in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, EAACI would like to make available all presenters’ contributions from the EAACI Digital Congress 2020 on the congress platform for 6 months and on the EAACI Media Library for a period of 3 years. Nevertheless, it is the authors prerogative to grant EAACI authorization to store their presentation’s content after the congress. Consent will be asked upon submission to include your video recording (webcast), live streaming of your presentation, or poster presentation.