The 20th Immunology Winter School on Basic Immunology Research in Allergy and Clinical Immunology will take place from 27 to 30 January 2022 digitally. With an innovative but still highly interactive concept, the meeting will allow you to take part in exciting scientific discussions from the safety of your home countries.
This meeting has the highest scientific standards and is aimed at young researchers who are active scientists in the fields of allergy, asthma and clinical immunology. A total of 70 selected young investigators (PhD students and junior postdocs) active in the field of allergy, asthma, clinical immunology/immune deficiency with a focus on basic and/or clinical immunology. Participants will be selected on the basis of the quality of their submitted abstracts.
The goal of the EAACI Immunology Winter School is to share and discuss advanced and cutting-edge allergy and asthma-related basic and clinical immunological research with 70 selected young scientists in a friendly scientific environment. In addition, there will opportunities to network among peers between some of the sessions. Participation is by invitation only, on acceptance of your submitted abstract.
Expected Outcome and Potential Impact on Practice After this Winter School
Participants will receive state of the art training on immunological mechanisms, involved in allergic and inflammatory responses. In addition, the highly interactive nature of the winter school provides a platform for establishing new collaborations and networks. By attending this winter school, the participants will:
- Learn about novel developments in immunology with a focus on allergy, asthma and clinical immunology
- Learn about novel approaches in the treatment of patients with allergy and asthma with various commorbities
- Gain knowledge of other immunology research areas in allergy performed by other young investigators/research groups within EAACI
- Present and discuss their work and get feedback from experts in the field
- Young investigators will be able to interact with senior experienced researchers
- Form research networks with other researchers, increasing in this way their international contacts in the field
- Be able to get in contact with experienced senior researchers