We warmly invite you to join us in Davos, Switzerland on 26-29 January for the EAACI Immunology Winter School 2023, organised by the Basic & Clinical Immunology Section.
This year we will be commemorating the 20th anniversary of the meeting, with a special focus on Immunology & the Environment. We are looking forward to welcoming 70 selected young scientists from Europe and beyond actively working in the field of Basic and Clinical Immunology and Allergy, in a friendly and highly motivating scientific environment, which will lead to fruitful discussions on cutting edge science.
The Immunology Winter School 2023 will enable delegates to attend keynote lectures, Scientific StandUp talks and workshops on the newest discoveries in immunological mechanisms in the field of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. A practical course on the newest research technologies at the Swiss Institute for Allergy and Asthma research (SIAF) in Davos will also be provided. On the occasion of the 20th anniversary celebration, additional educational and scientific events will take place forming a think tank platform of modern Allergy, Immunology and Environment research.
Junior researchers, who will be selected based on the quality of their submitted abstracts will have the opportunity to share their own work and to interact with the keynote speakers and scientific faculty. Finally, the highly interactive nature of the Winter School provides opportunities for establishing new collaborations and networks.
By attending the EAACI Immunology Winter School, the participants will:
- Learn about novel developments in immunology with a focus on allergy, asthma, and basic and clinical immunology
- Learn about novel approaches in the treatment of patients with allergy, asthma, immunodeficiencies and many other comorbidities
- Gain knowledge of other immunology research areas in allergy explored by other young investigators/research groups within EAACI
- Present and discuss their work and get feedback from experts in the field
- Interact with each other, experienced researchers and experts from different fields of science
- Form research networks with other researchers, increasing their international contacts in and beyond their field
EAACI encourages all interested participants to submit their abstract containing new research findings that have not yet published elsewhere. Based on the content of the abstracts, 70 talented researchers will be selected to actively participate in the on-site meeting.
We look forward to receiving your abstracts for the Winter School 2023 and to welcoming you in Davos!
Milena SokolowskaOrganising Chair, EAACI Basic and Clinical Immunology Section Chair
Inge Kortekaas KrohnOrganising Secretary EAACI Basic and Clinical Immunology Section Secretary
Eva Untersmayr-ElsenhuberOrganising Member, EAACI Basic and Clinical Immunology Section Past-Chair
Cezmi AkdisLocal Organising Chair, Allergy Editor-in-Chief
Tomas ChivatoEAACI Vice-President Education & Specialty