EAACI Junior Members Mentorship Programme (MP) aims to promote ongoing educational and professional opportunities for young scientists and enhancing the JMs capacity as a professional.
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction”
The EAACI-JM mentorship programme
- Unlike other mentoring programs (within an institute), the EAACI JM Mentoring Programme is international and primarily conducted online for 2 years.
- Mentoring is a partnership between a Mentor (experienced EAACI professional) and a Mentee (EAACI JM), working in similar fields.
- Mentoring is the questioning, challenging, guidance and encouragement to help a Mentee manage his/her own learning in order to develop skills and become the professional he/she wants to be. It provides the opportunity for a Mentee to become more self-aware and to take control of his/her own development and career direction.
Each applicant should send the following documents (the deadlines will be properly announced by e-mail to all EAACI JMs):
- CV (up to 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation (250 words) describing area of interest/research in which applicant wishes to be active as a Mentee
- Names of three preferred Mentors from the list of willing Mentors (It is the applicants’ task to evaluate all potential Mentors and select those by whom they would like to be Mentored WITHOUT contacting them prior the beginning of the programme).
- Evaluation and scoring of the candidates by EAACI Executive Committee and JMA MP team
- In the event that multiple applicants request one Mentor, the highest ranked applicant will have preference
- In the event that the applicant’s preferred Mentors cannot be assigned to him/her, the applicant will need to wait until the following year
- Only 10 mentees will be accepted (pre-approval by the mentor will be required)
- Mentor and Mentee are notified of their new partnership and invited to a face to face meeting during MP cocktail/informative event at the EAACI Annual Congress.
- Being selected to participate as a Mentee in the Mentorship Programme does not automatically provide funding for travel grants or other grants. Each financial opportunity provided by the EAACI will be announced and evaluated separately.
For more information about the mentorship programme, please contact:
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33