Fellowship application for 2024 is open now
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction”
The fellowship application uses an online platform. You are asked to complete some information online and upload additional signed documents into the system.
Before starting the application process, please ensure you have the following information at hand:
- Your EAACI Membership Number (mandatory)
- Valid ID / Passport (mandatory)
- Certificate of residence (in English) (mandatory)
- Your host’s EAACI membership number (mandatory)
- Your home supervisor’s EAACI membership number (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae (mandatory, 1 A4 page maximum, for upload)
- Publication list (only most relevant to your project)
- Research project description (mandatory, entered in online system, 4 pages maximum). You may upload additional documents with figures, graphs or any other relevant project-related information
- Home institution release form (mandatory, signed, for upload) – download here
- Host institution acceptance form (mandatory, signed, for upload) – download here
- Invitation letter with a short description of the schedule/programme for the planned visit of a fellow (mandatory, signed, for upload)
Note: During the submission period you can always log back in to edit your submission.
- Any EAACI Junior Member (JM) may apply personally for the award using the online system provided.
- To be eligible to apply you must be under the age of 36 and an active member of the EAACI (EAACI-JM). Please note EAACI Junior Membership is free to all those aged 35 and under.
- Applicants must contact a European institution that is willing to host them for the whole duration of the fellowship and define a supervisor. The host supervisor must be a member of EAACI or have applied for membership of EAACI at the time of the Fellowship application. Please note, non-European applicants must contact an institution from a European country.
- Your home institution must be willing to release you of all work, laboratory and clinical, during the whole duration of the fellowship, and ensure that you will have the possibility to come back after the conclusion of the fellowship.
- Adequate fluency in a language that permits effective communication in the host institution is required.
- Fellowship recipients are not insured by EAACI and are encouraged to make sure that both, they and the institutions which receive them, are fully covered by the necessary insurances. Host institutions are encouraged to assist and pay for this. EAACI will not accept any liability.Force Majeure
The performance of the Agreement by either party shall be subject to force majeure, including but not limited to acts of God, fire, flood, earthquakes, natural disaster, war or threat of war, acts or threats of terrorism, military disturbance, civil disorder, riots, strikes, governmental regulation or advisory, pandemic, epidemic, endemic or any recognized health threats as determined by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, or national or local government authority or health agencies (including but not limited to the health threats of COVID-19, or other infectious diseases), curtailment of transportation facilities, or other occurrence beyond the control of the parties, where any of those factors, circumstances, situations, or conditions or similar ones prevent, dissuade,. or where any of them make it illegal, impossible, inadvisable, or commercially impracticable to hold the Fellowship Projects or to fully perform the terms of the Agreement. The Agreement may be cancelled by either party, without liability, damages, fees, or penalty, and any deposits or amounts paid shall be refunded, for any one or more of the above reasons, by written notice to the other party.
- By submitting this application, I understand that all information related to my application is stored electronically, may be published on the EAACI website and will be shared with EAACI, CYIM, the EAACI Committees, submission reviewers involved in the winner selection process.
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest: EAACI is committed to ensuring the integrity of its scientific, educational, and research programmes. Applications require disclosure of any financial or other interest that might be construed as resulting in an actual, potential, or apparent conflict.
- The Fellowship is a scholarship which in most European countries is tax-free. However, the recipient is responsible for any tax that may be required in some countries.
- The Fellowship is not intended to cover salary. The salary has to be taken over by the host/home institution.
- The Fellowship should be used to cover travel and accommodation as well as further required project-related expenses.
- A person may submit only one application at a time.
- The award of an EAACI Fellowship is a recognition of the excellence of a young scientists or clinician. Thus, previously awarded applicants cannot be considered for the same award again in subsequent years.
- All documents must be submitted in English and uploaded to the online application platform before the closing date each year.
- Applications that do not include all required forms or forms that are not properly completed will not be considered for review.
- The applications will be reviewed by an expert panel including representatives of EAACI and will be handled in strict confidence.
- The starting date of the Fellowship period must start before the end of each year.
- In alignment of the EAACI awards policy the Fellowship recipients will be required to provide a detailed report on the results of the scientific project including a financial overview detailing how the award money was used for the awardee`s specific research.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33