It is intended that the award should recognise scientific achievement of young scientists working in the field of allergy and encourage their engagement in further research. Therefore, the award is open to EAACI Junior Members who have conducted their research in a European centre.
“Applications for 2023 are officially open! “
The EAACI Allergopharma Research Award was first established in 2000 on the initiative of Allergopharma Joachim Ganzer KG in collaboration with the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. It is intended that the award should recognise scientific achievement of young scientists working in the field of allergy and encourage their engagement in further research. Therefore, the award is open to EAACI Junior Members who have conducted their research in a European centre. More information on EAACI Junior Members you will find by clicking here. (“EAACI Junior Membership shall be available to all those who are aged 35 years or less at the time of renewal of their subscription.”)
The award is valued at EUR 10,000 and will be granted to the institution or research organisation the awardee primarily conducts the research for. The awardee will be presented with the EAACI Allergopharma Research Award during the Opening Ceremony of the EAACI Congress 2023. Registration to the congress will be supported by the grant.
The deadline to apply is 17 November, 2022.
1. Motivation letter/Executive summary: A summary of the applicant’s major accomplishments highlighting their impact on the field
2. A complete curriculum vitae
3. List of up to three individual articles that support the quality and originality of the research clearly identifying the concept(s) developed
4. Upload of 1 to 3 most relevant publications in PDF format
5. A complete bibliography of publications with key publications identified. In case of multiple authors, the applicant’s specific contribution to the publication should be briefly discussed
6. Cumulative citation factor and Impact factor
7. At least two supporting letters, at least one of which should be provided by a supporter outside the applicant’s institution. The letters should specifically support the significant accomplishments of the applicant justifying why the applicant should receive this recognition.
1. The received complete applications will be reviewed by EAACI’s independent scientific award committee.
Please note: For reasons of industry compliance, Allergopharma will not be involved in any way in the selection process.
2. The EAACI Executive Committee selects the awardee in February 2023.
3. Notification of the winner is in late February and the official announcement is during the Opening Ceremony of the EAACI Annual Congress 2023 (more information to be available soon). The prize money will be paid to the winner’s home institution by the end of July 2023.
EAACI Allergopharma Award2022
To be presented at EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022, on 1 July 2022 to the winner
Janice Layhadi – PhD
The awarded research project: “Precision Immunology And Biomarkers Of Allergy And Immunotherapy” and her research interest primarily involves identifying underpinning molecular mechanisms in innate lymphoid cells associated with immune tolerance. She has defined a new subset of innate lymphoid cells, IL-10+ ILC2, that are induced following allergen immunotherapy and correlate with clinical efficacy. Dr Layhadi leads the single-cell multi-omic research and has identified novel biomarkers for AIT response. Her research has resulted in several peer-reviewed publications in high-impact journals within the field of Allergy.
For more information please contact:
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33