ISAF Hybrid 2023 Back
Mario Di Gioacchino
Mario Di Gioacchino was born in Campli (TE), Italy, on August 24, 1950. He received the degree in Medicine and Surgery at the “G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti (Italy) on August 1, 1975.
Specializations: Internal Medicine, Allergology and Clinical Immunology and Occupational Medicine.
- President of the Italian Society of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology.
- Scientific director of the “Institute for Clinical Immunotherapy and Advanced Biological Treatments since 2020;
- Main Representative of CeSI at the “Economic and Social Council” and the “Department of Public Information” of the United Nations, since 2004.
- Full Professor of Occupational Medicine and Allergy at the "G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti until 2020;
Main research interests:
- Effects of environmental and occupational agents (allergens, nanoparticles, metals, pollutants, electromagnetic fields) on the immune system in physiology and pathology